Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving: Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Brie Cheese, Butter, and Arugala on a French Baguette

Cheese Plus
2001 Polk St
San Francisco, CA 94109
(415) 921-2001


Usually a Happy Thanksgiving for me is being completely shitfaced drunk by dinner and then passing out at the dinner table when the tryptophan sets in. This version of a Happy Thanksgiving is pretty good too. Essentially, this creation is the French Panini version of the sandwich we all make with Thanksgiving leftovers. The one amazing addition to this samich is the use of Brie cheese (chaz). If I could, I would take Brie cheese out for a nice dinner and tell it how I had a really good time and then never call it again. Why? Because being jilted will make Brie cheese want me as much as I want it (it’s all a game, am I right?). Seriously, the thing that makes this samich sparkle like the moons of Endor is this cheese. It also helps that the samich is grilled. It allows for the cheese to settle on the turkey and for the cranberry sauce to seep into the bread. I am not saying I would give up Thanksgiving dinner for this sandwich, but if my family finally says that I can’t come over anymore you will know where to find me.

7 out of 10 Golden Pickles

Sandwich Destruction

No comments:

Post a Comment