Friday, March 27, 2009

Nawlins in Hayes Valley


Shrimp Po Boy: French roll, breaded shrimp, cheese, lettuce, tomato, and a caper remoulade

11 bucks with a side salad or fries


Where:
Arlequin
Neighborhood: Hayes Valley
384 Hayes St
(between Franklin St & Gough St)
San Francisco, CA 94102

Review:

Although I have lived in Hayes Valley for the past 3 years, I only recently discovered Arlequin. It has become one of my go to neighborhood spots because I know the food will always be very fresh and they use the best seasonal ingredients. On this day, I decided to go with the Shrimp Po Boy. Overall, I thought the sando was pretty good. I appreciated how simple it was prepared, and how it allowed the Shrimp to really take main stage. The lettuce and tomatoes were cold and crisp, and the roll was nice and soft. The topper was definitely the caper remoulade, which had a nice kick to it and stepped up the flavor. It was a little difficult to eat, and one of my pet peeves is when you are eating a sando and the ingredients slip out the side. The side salad was good, but who cares, this is not Earl of Salad we are talking about.


3.5/5 sandos

The Bread Winner

No comments:

Post a Comment